To sleep at night as they ask at conferences, I want to know the guts of risk. It allows me to work effectively in the field with IT and cybersecurity personnel and with management. It would be providing further comfort to the boards of directors and also given our regulators in the U.S. and Israel additional evidence that our bank “walks the walk” when it comes to ownership. Studying for and ultimately passing the CISSP is like most difficult tasks. It took time and effort.
15 Tips To Prepare & Pass The CISSP Exam:
- Treat it as a marathon not a sprint. The study materials are considered to be massive, the guide itself running roughly 1,400 pages. Tackle it in sections and don’t move to the next until you’re comfortable with the domain you’re on.
- Give yourself a challenging and accomplishable deadline by when you would be sitting for the exam. I had significant on the job training before I started, with the exclusive and enhanced study dumps offered by the SPOTO Club. I gave myself five months. The time also provided me the room for my day job.
- Understand the Exam procedure. While this might seem like an easy thing but a lot of applicants would be often skipping this very simple yet very necessary step. Before you would be even starting and preparing for the exam, try first thoroughly to understand it. You are required to visit the official website of (ISC)2 to gain all the primary information about the certification. Here, you can also find a lot of links to relevant information about practice tests, study resources, CISSP Certification training providers and much more.
- The test is not necessarily “real life.” In many cases, more than one answer is right. But the question which would be phrased typically is looking for the best answer. Take as many practice tests as you could have. (ISC)2 and SPOTO Club, provides plenty of resources.
- Study using your most successful learning style, but add a few others. I learn best by writing, which I did while reading, watching and listening to the materials. By the end, my exam manual was torn into sections, packed with my underlines, circles, diagrams and notes. I would be also having a stack of well-worn flash cards.
- Give Importance to Domain. Once you would be having a decent amount of knowledge about the exam, the next step would be to identify the exam domains. You could read the official exam guide of (ISC)2 where you would be able to find a summary of the exam. You’ll also get to know the various domains and the number of questions assigned to each domain. Along with these information provided, it’ll be simpler for you to create the appropriate study plan.
- Lean into the domains where you are weakest. Security Architecture and Engineering and Communication and Network Security were my “weakest links.” While I made sure I knew all eight domains, I spent a lot of time reinforcing these two.
- Take a boot camp near your test date. There’s nothing like a concentrated, final push to get you ready and build your confidence. When you take the boot camp, get your mind set. Focusing as best you could on the days leading up to the exam as well as cut out as many distractions as you can. I would have stayed in a hotel the last two nights to make sure.
- Create a Study Plan and Follow It. Because of the extent of the topics which would be included in the CISSP syllabus, you are required to create a study plan. These study plans would be required to taken into account, a study calendar that would be counting down the days until you plan to take the exam. While each person’s experience as well as the understanding level is different.
- Get sleep and be rested during the days leading up to the exam. Eat right as well.
- If studying is a marathon so is the exam itself. Pace yourself. You have three hours. Don’t rush it.
- Actively Participate in the Online Community. The CISSP has a big online community where applicants come together to share their views. Even if you do not know of any, just go through Google, and you will be surprised at the large number of forums that will show up. When it comes to gaining information from an online community, it would be very important for verifying the reliability of the source. Whatever information you would be finding online, it is considered to be necessary that you would be cross verify it in any official material, like the official publications, books, and other guidelines. Many applicants would be sharing their opinions and experiences online. Go through these posts, ask questions, as well as share your views to have an all-rounded perspective about the examination.
- This was passed on to me, and I found it very helpful. Read the Answers first. It would be helping to isolate the better answers from the red herrings. Then, read the Question. Then, read the Answers, again. The process would be tending to isolate the two better choices. By then, it’s 50-50.
- Be in the moment for each question. Your confidence will be tested. Some questions will appear from nowhere. Some don’t even count as they are being tested for future exams. You won’t know which is which. Do your best on a question, answer it and then forget it. The only question that matters is the one you’re on.
- Take Practice Tests. Along with 250-questions to be answered in 6-hours, you would be only having less than two minutes for every question. This indicates that you don’t just require having great knowledge of all the eight domains but a solid understanding of time management and stressing management. The perfect way to tackle these kinds of challenges is to give as many CISSP practice tests as possible. With the help of practice tests, you’ll be able to manage your time properly and would also get to know your flaws and strengths. Based on the practice exam results, you would be then making modifications to your study plan.
SPOTO Club’s offers the practice tests created to assess your preparedness for the CISSP certification exam. You could be assured that any exam resource you would be gaining from this site is official and genuine. You don’t have to bother about practicing outdated questions, because all questions are considered to be regularly updated to deliver you the most prevailing information.
The CISSP certification is considered to be the official recognition that you understand the industry thoroughly. The CISSP certification is believed to be about lifetime education, so clearing, the exam is just one level. For the maintenance your CISSP certification, you have to be recertified every three years and get continuous professional education. Also, if you would be having the CISSP Certification, you should gain the study dumps, which are being offered at the SPOTO Club. When it comes to IT Certification, you should opt for the SPOTO Club’s CISSP Certification Courses. They are the best when it comes to IT Certification.Top of Form
Bottom of Form