RHCSA or Red Hat Certified System administration exam is formulated for testing the skills and knowledge which would be required as common in area of Linux Administration, RHCSA exam is required to be qualified before giving next level RHCE or Red Hat Certified Engineer exam, this certification is one of the most Reputed IT certifications; chances of getting a good job will be increased after you earn the certification. But, if you wish to gain this certification, you are required to have some good training courses, like that offered at the SPOTO Club.
Why do you want to go for RHCSA certification?
RHCSA certification is a costly IT certification and requires lots of hard work and time, before going for this examination you must ask yourself –“why I want to go for the this RHCSA certification?” There are certain pros and cons related to RHCSA, infect every certification have some advantage and some limitations. Let us discuss them step by step:
- Some organizations consider RHCSA mandatory;, after earning the certificate, your CV will become more visible to recruiters.
- Red Hat provides a good preparation material, after going through all of the curriculum modules, you will have a sound knowledge of RHEL systems from basics to advanced level.
- If you are already an experienced person in Linux Administration even then going through this examination process you will improve your confidence level and will be able to validate your skills and expertise.
- Although some other vendors would be also providing Linux certifications for instance. LPIC or CompTIA Linux+, RHCSA is considered to be the most reputed and recognized certification.
- RHCSA will not solve any purpose for fresher, before going for the certification you must have experience of at least 2-3 yrs.
- Earning RHCSA certificate is not the Job Guarantee, you have to understand that after you earn RHCSA doesn’t mean that you will get golden opportunities in the IT Industry; still, you need to work hard.
- RHCSA isn’t considered as the replacement of experience, although earning RHCSA will validate your Linux skills recruiter always ask for “what you know “instead of “what you have?”.
- Sometimes you are not able to crack the exam in the first attempt, so you have to pay examination fee again to go for the second attempt, you have to take that risk.
Examination Scenario of RHCSA Certification
RHCSA certification is also known as EX200, the duration of this exam is 2:30 hours. This is like your college practical examination i.e. you have to perform practices during the examination a no theory will be there. Generally, the candidate has to attend 20 questions of a maximum of 300 marks. Scoring a minimum of 210 out of 300 is considered as qualified. It is important to note that every participant will have a different set of question papers, so getting the clue from a neighbor during the examination will take you to the wrong track. The result of the examination will be sent to you by email within 7 days.
Common mistakes you should avoid in RHCSA exam
There are some important things which you keep in mind so that you can avoid some common mistakes:
- Do not forget to reboot the system after completion of every question.
- Always start services and chkconfig before you reboot.
- Complete the first question in the first attempt before the switch to the next question.
- Do not be in a hurry and read every question carefully.
- Do not over attempt or perform extra activities, stay focuses.
So, now you have acquired all the knowledge about the RHCSA Certification and if you wish to pursue it, you should gain the prep courses which are being offered at the SPOTO Club.