New CCIE exam has been launched for several months. To make candidates prepare the CCIE DC Lab exam thoroughly, Cisco hosted the 5th webinar on June 17, 2020. In general, the webinar mainly introduced the CCIE DC lab exam domains, study resources, etc. SPOTO selected the most useful parts for you. Move on with us!
Introduction to the new CCIE DC Program
The latest CCIE DC v3.0 program replaced CCIE DC v2.0.
- CCIE DC written exam was retired.
- The qualification exam is CCNP 350-601 DCCOR
- Click here for a 350-601 DCCOR syllabus.
What are the Blueprint Domains of CCIE DC Lab Exam?
There are seven domains of the CCIE DC Lab Exam. The details are listed below:
Domain 1: Data Center L2/L3 Connectivity (20%)
Covers L2/L3 DC technologies
- Routing Protocols
- Multicast Protocols
More Specific than before
Domain 2: Data Center Fabric Infrastructure (15%)
- Covers both traditional and ACI DC technologies
- The focus is on making sure infrastructure readiness in DC.
- Physical components
Domain 3: Data Center Fabric Connectivity (15%)
- Covers both traditional and ACI based fabric connectivity
- Inter Fabric Connectivity
- Overlays (OTV is removed)
- Remote leaf
- Virtual pod
Domain 4: Data Center Compute (15%)
- Covers Compute components
- Nothing much changed from the previous blueprint
- Hyperflex added
Domain 5: Data Center Storage Protocols and Features (10%)
- Covers Storage protocols and features
- Very specific than before
- Addition of RoCE v2 over IP Networks
Domain 6: Data Center Security and Network Services (10%)
- Covers topics related to security and services in the DC environment
- More structured
- Services insertion and redirection
- Traffic management
Domain 7: Data Center Automation and Orchestration (15%)
- Covers programmability using Python and Ansible
- UCSD only specific features
- CloudCenter suite-only specific features
Comparison between CCIE DC v2.1 and v3.0
How to prepare for CCIE DC Lab Exam?
Cisco provides many study resources for CCIE DC lab exam preparation.
- Self-guided labs available on dcloud.cisco.com
- Available Study Resources
- Online Rack Rentals
- Virtual & Instructor Lead Training Courses
- Self-Study & Home Lab
- Hands-on Practice Highly Recommended
It is noted that Rack Rental is of great significance for real hands-on practice. However, many candidates will find that setting up the experimental environment alone is difficult and expensive. Don’t worry. There is big news for you!
SPOTO will launch the RACK RENTAL service for CCIE DC lab exam soon!
The rack equipment is equivalent to that used in the real lab exam so that you don’t need to buy the expensive rack by yourself. You can rent SPOTO’s rack to practice and grasp these technologies before the exam.
Contact us to Rent the Rack to pass the lab exam on 1st try!
Click to make a big difference!
Besides, Cisco also introduced the Network Modeling & Testing Tools.
What can you do with CML:
Design/Mockup complex network topologies with different devices (Servers, routers, switches). Generate configurations and test changes to analyze impact. Packet forwarding for L2, L3 & MPLS. Support for Cisco IOSv, NX-OSv, IOS XRv, IOS XE, and ASAv.
Limitations of CML:
- No emulation of ASICs, FPGAs or Physical device components
- Performance Testing not supported as forwarding done in SW
References: Cisco Modeling Labs
Now that you have learned about the highlights of the 5th Cisco webinar about the CCIE Security lab exam.
What can SPOTO offer to help you pass the CCIE DC lab exam in a single attempt? Go ahead to find out the surprise!
SPOTO’s CCIE Lab Service
SPOTO offers CCIE LAB Service in several tracks, including Enterprise Infrastructure, Security, Data Center, and Service Provider, wireless, and Collaboration.
- We provide three months of service and rack practice.
- We count lab service period follow your time (when we send lab materials)
- For example, if you plan to take the exam at Sep. 30, we will provide the study materials at Jul. 1
Our lab service package includes
- Workbook and solution, all materials are 100% the same as the real exam.
- We provide racks to practice. The racks contain IOS, init configuration, etc.
- Our professional tutors will help you to solve all the problems during practice through TeamView.
- We provide tutorial videos that explain workbook and solution, which also show you how to config one section by one section.
Lab Service Process
Join us now to give your IT career a lift!
We hope the highlights about the CCIE DC lab exam will benefit you a lot. In the next few weeks, Cisco will hold another three webinars about the scope, overview, and preparation of CCIE certification in terms of Collaboration, Service Provider and Enterprise Wireless.
If you want to adequately prepare for the CCIE lab exams and catch up with the latest exam info, please follow SPOTO or share our blog with your friends!