The PMP exam is considered to be based on a computer conducted in the Prometric centers. The exam would have 200 multiple-choice questions. Each question is going to have exactly one correct answer. The total time which would be allotted for the PMP certification exam is about four hours. Most people would find four hours being more than sufficient for the exam. Out of these 200 questions, 25 questions are considered to be the pretest questions. These are randomly placed throughout the exam and are utilized for research purposes. These questions aren’t evaluated while doing the computation process of exam results. You are going to be only be assessed based on 175 questions.
Attentions and Time Allocation during PMP exam
- For clearing pass the PMP examination, you would require to answer a minimum of 106 of the 175 scored questions correctly. After you finish and submit the exam, you would be receiving the overall mark-sheet immediately for the examination in the Prometric center.
- You would have a tutorial to follow for familiarizing yourself with the exam environment before it would be beginning. This session would be explaining what the question screen would be looking like, how to select the answer as well as submit it, how to utilize the calculator on the computer, how to review answers, as well as other examination mechanics.
- The time allotted for this familiarization session would be about fifteen minutes. The duration of this tutorial session isn’t going to be included in the exam time limit. You could begin the exam right away if you would have completed this session in less than fifteen minutes, and your exam clock would be starting to count down.
- When some of the candidates would be taking their examination, they completed the awareness session in less than just five minutes. They utilized the remaining time for noting down some concepts and formulas on the paper provided by the Prometric staff. Now the exams would be conducted at Pearson VUE centers.
- However, you would no longer be allowed to write notes during this familiarization session since October 2016. You could write them down once you would be ending the familiarization session and starting the exam.
Tips for Time Management:
- It is recommended to take one minute to relax, and then you could end the session and begin your exam.
Some of them would be able to complete their exam within two-and-a-half hours. After that, you could take a break, and then you could begin revising the questions patiently. It would take some of the candidates for more than one hour to review all of them.
- If you would be able to complete the exam in less than four hours, invest the remaining time in revising the questions. You would never be going to have another chance to do so. You might know the right answer in some cases, but you would have clicked the wrong one accidentally, so try to such errors.
- You would be taken to a short survey once you have completed the exam and submitted your answers. After completing this survey, the screen would turn white for a few seconds, and later you would be able to check out your result.
Remember, you will have four hours, which would be sufficient for completing all 200 questions. A fifteen-minute awareness session will precede the exam; utilize this time to calm yourself, understand the interface, and prepare for the exam. If you would be able to complete the exam early, use the remaining time for checking your answers.
Do check out the training courses offered by the SPOTO Club, to enhance your chances of acquiring your PMP Certification in the first attempt.