Before we discuss the Lab Equipment utilized in the CCIE Collaboration Lab Exam, It would be better to gain knowledge about the Cisco CCIE Collaboration lab exam. It is an eight-hour, the hands-on exam for which the candidates are going to requires to configure, and troubleshoot a series of complex network scenarios. The candidate will then also need to have an understanding about how the network, as well as service components, are going to be interoperating, and how the functional requirements translate into specific device configurations. Let’s discuss the Lab Modules, which every candidate would have to go through for clearing this exam.
CCIE Collaboration Lab Modules:
The modules in the lab exam are going to be delivered in a fixed sequence. First is the Troubleshooting module, which is going to be followed by the Diagnostic module, and finally, it ends with the Configuration module. The entire lab exam would be lasting up to eight hours.
It is not considered as important to note that the system doesn’t allow the candidate to go back and forth between modules. Whilst working in the Troubleshooting module, the candidates would be able to choose to get an extra 30 minutes in addition of two hours formerly given to complete the Troubleshooting module. However, the candidate couldn’t be able to see the Configuration module yet and doesn’t know where the extra time would be needed. If the candidate would be deciding about the usage of the extra 30 minutes for Troubleshooting module, the candidate would be having only four and a half hours so as to complete the entire Configuration module.
In order to maintain the total exam time to eight hours, the optional 30 minutes which was decided by the candidates for using it in the Troubleshooting module is deducted automatically from the time originally which would be allocated for the Configuration module.
CCIE Collaboration Lab Equipment and Software List
Clearing the lab exam which would be required a depth of understanding the difficult for obtaining without hands-on experience. If you wish to have cleared this exam, the best way would be to gain the prep courses offered by the SPOTO. Early in your preparation you are going to be arranging access to equipment similar to that used on the exam, and listed down below:
- Cisco 2921 ISR G2 (Integrated Services Routers Generation 2)
- Cisco 3925 ISR G2 (Integrated Services Routers Generation 2)
- Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System) C460 Rack Server
- ISR G2 Modules as well as Interface Cards
- 1-Port 3rd Gen Multi-flex Trunk Voice or WAN Int. Cards – T1 or E1.
- 4-port Cisco Gigabit Ether-Switch 10/100/1000 BASE-TX autosensing EHWIC with POE.
- Cisco High-Density PVDM3 (Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Modules).
- Cisco Service Ready Module 710 Service Module along with Cisco Unity Express.
- Cisco Jabber for Windows
- Cisco Jabber Video for Cisco Telepresence
- Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series Switch
- Cisco Unified IP Phones 7965 and 9971
Any major software release which would be generally available for six months is considered to be eligible for testing in the CCIE Collaboration Lab Exam.
- All routers would be using IOS version 15.2(4) M Train
- Cisco Catalyst Series 3750 Switches using 12.2(55) SE Train
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 9.0
- Cisco Unity Connection 9.1
- Cisco Unity Express 8.6
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 9.1
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM as well as Presence 9.1
- Fast Ethernet
- Frame Relay
Now, if you wish to have practice on the Lab Equipments, you could gain it in the prep courses offered by the SPOTO.