There would be many benefits of earning the globally-recognized ITIL certifications for IT service management. But before we discuss that, it is better we understand that what actually ITIL V4 Certification is.
ITIL is an abbreviation of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library is considered to be a widely-accepted IT service management approach in organizations around the world. The ITIL framework is considered to be drawn from best practices followed by both the public as well as private sectors all over the world.
IT Service Management (ITSM) would be deriving enormous benefits from a best practice approach. Because ITSM is considered to be driven by technology as well as the organizational environment, both of which are in a state of constant flux, it is considered to be in a state of constant evolution as well. The best practices in ITIL would be based on expert advice as well as inputs from ITIL users and would be combining the latest thinking with sound, common-sense guidance. ITIL has, hence, gained in importance as a methodology that would be delivering positive business outcomes for enterprises.
According to PayScale, the highest average salary for an ITIL Expert certified professional is $120,000 USD in the USA, $125,000 USD in Australia, $115,000 USD in the UK and about $90,000 USD in UAE. The globally recognized ITIL certifications would thus give you quick launch progressing, your career and take it to quite greater heights.
The target audience for ITIL certifications
The ITIL Foundation certification is considered to be open to individuals who have the required basic knowledge about the ITIL framework as well as how it would be executed to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organization, and IT professionals who would be working in organizations that have adopted and adapted ITIL and wish to continue to make a contribution to the ongoing service improvement program.
Other job roles that would be benefitted from ITIL certifications include:
- Business managers
- Business process owners
- IT architects
- IT audit managers
- IT consultants
- IT planners
- IT professionals
- IT security managers
- ITSM trainers, and more
- Service designers
- Service Strategy
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
ITIL has five levels of qualifications for professionals who would be looking forward to building their understanding of the framework:
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Intermediate – Service Capability stream and Service Lifecycle stream
- ITIL Managing Across the Life Cycle
- ITIL Expert Level
- ITIL Master Qualification
Key Benefits of ITIL Certification Program
- You could improve your position in the job market by becoming an ITIL certified professional
- You would be able to stand out from the crowd as well as from your uncertified counterparts with your experience in ITIL methodology
- You would be learning about applying ITIL tools and its techniques, improve your efficiency and effectiveness at the workplace
- You would be able to gain recognition for your expertise by your peers both inside as well as outside the organization
- You would be learning a common language for ITSM which would be helping you in having better communication across the hierarchy
- You would be able to implement new ideas from the ITIL framework and utilize those best practices to facilitate customer desired outcomes
- You would be able to increase your ITSM contribution in your firm by automating standard tasks, cost optimization, identifying alignment opportunities of IT services with the business, taking a customer-centric approach to ITSM and much more.
Embracing ITIL is considered as the current industry trend. In fact, 52% of respondents in the APAC region, as well as 68% of respondents in Latin America, said that ITIL is becoming more and more important due to trends in Cloud as well as Agile. If you are interested in this certification, check out SPOTO Club for the preparation courses.