The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Security (CCIE Security) program identifies the security experts who would be having the skills and knowledge to architect, implement, engineer, troubleshoot, as well as support the full suite of Cisco security technologies and solutions utilizing the latest industry best practices to secure environments and systems against modern security risks, vulnerabilities, threats, and requirements.
CCIE Security Lab Exam v5.0
The CCIE Security Version 5.0 exam would be unifying the written and lab exam topics documents into a particular curriculum, while explicitly it would be disclosed that which domains would be about which exam, and even the relative weight of each domain.
The Cisco CCIE Security Written Exam (400-251) version 5.0 is considered to be a two-hour test having 90 to 110 questions that would be validating the professionals who would be having the expertise to design, describe, implement, operate, as well as troubleshoot complex security technologies and solutions. Candidates are required to understand the requirements of network security, how different components would be interoperating and translate it into the device configurations. The exam is considered to be the closed book and no outside reference materials would be allowed, while the commencement of exam.
Clearing the CCIE Security Lab exam would be an easy task. The candidates would require going through lots of studies. Thus it is recommended to have the help of a good and reliable study dump provider, like the SPOTO Club.
If the candidates wish to pass the lab exam, they are required to meet these two conditions:
- The total addition of all modules should be equal to at least the minimum overall cut-score.
- The addition for each module should be equal to at least the minimum cut score for the module.
Candidates are required to make their request within 14 days following the exam date by utilizing the “Request for Reread” link present on the next to the lab record. A Reread would cost USD 1,000 and while a Review would cost USD 400. Payment is to be made online via credit card and the Reread or Review would be initiated as and when the payment is successful. You may not be able to cancel the appeal request once the process has been initiated. Refunds would be only given when results change from fail to pass.
All the candidates are required to wait 30 days between CCIE Security lab attempts. Note that the 30-day period would begin from the day after a failed lab exam.
Below mentioned are the policy related to the CCIE Security Lab Exam Attempts:
- Candidates who fail any CCIE Security lab exam on the first attempt must wait for 30 calendar days before scheduling a second attempt at the same lab exam.
- Candidates who have failed the second attempt at any CCIE Security lab exam must wait for 90 calendar days before scheduling any further attempts. The same waiting time would be applied to subsequent attempts until they reached fifth attempt.
- Candidates who fail the fifth attempt at any CCIE Security lab exam must wait for 180 calendar days before scheduling any further attempts.
- NOTE: There is no wait time between a passed qualification written the exam and the first lab or practical exam attempt. However, candidates must make an initial attempt at the CCIE Security lab exam within 18 months of passing the CCIE Security written exam.
- These policy changes would be applied retroactively from the date of a candidate’s first attempt at CCIE Security lab Exam.
Thus, if you wish to clear this exam in the first attempt, check out the prep courses, which are being offered at the SPOTO Club.